Saturday, December 24, 2011

Gears of War 3 Graphics

It's been awhile, but I'm back for some more blogging, hopefully this time I can keep it up. My last post was about Gears of War, so what better way to get back into the swing of things than with a Gears of War 3 post. The thing I'm most impressed about with Gears 3 is the graphics. I first played through it in offline co-op mode, so splitting the 42' widescreen in half didn't give me the feeling that the graphics were much improved from the previous 2 games. But boy was I wrong.

cole train from gears of war 3 wearing his alternative costume. Can't stop the train baby!

Once I hopped into a single player campaign I was completely blown away. Keep in mind that up to this point the newest game I'd been playing was Mass Effect II, which has decent graphics that nobody cares about because it's all about the story. But Holy Cow did gears go over the top. I can't help but feel that the online multiplayer would be unbelievably fast without such graphics, but who am I to complain. Nobody cares about lag when they know it affects everyone equally, all I want is to watch as my chainsaw gun rips locust to shreds as Cole Train shouts insults.

Of course Cole Train is my favorite Gear, can't stop the train baby! I'm so glad they actually included a mini-chapter about the infamous Cole in the campaign, but why was is so short? Throughout the campaign I couldn't help but feel that it was rushed through, that the developers could've made it much longer than the 10 hours it took. But I completely understand why they would gloss over that when there's so much riding on the multiplayer. They're probably thinking that if we wanted good single players games we'd buy them, because in Gears of War 3 it's all about the multiplayer.

They finally got around to putting some awesome executions into the game, not like anyone will use them in multiplayer because they "waste time". I waste all the time I want because I always enjoy it killing the same guy 5-6 times in a single round and every time rubbing it in his face by slapping him around when he's on the ground. It seems like every game I buy lately has pushed itself onto my top 10 games list, pretty soon I'll have to make an actual top 10 list so I can keep track of what now seems like 30 games that I call my top 10.

Thanks for reading and coming back to my blog after this extended absence. I hope to get back into the swing of things and should start making my blog rounds again.

No comments:

Post a Comment