Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Mass Effect 2: Best Game Ever

I've recently gotten an Xbox at Target because they've been nice enough to offer one for $199 and you get a $50 gift card for buying it. I have finally been able to play Mass Effect II, and I must say that I think it is one of my favorite games...of all time. 
The first game had the best story of any game I'd ever played until I got to Mass Effect II and realized that most of the things I'd done in the first one could have been carried over to number 2 so the next thing I did was burn through the first game so that I would be able to play through #2 with the choices I'd made in #1 in effect. That was the best choice since buying Mass Effect 2. In the first game I had to save Wrex, the Krogan, who was also my favorite character, I had to be a renegade and let the council die and appoint my bro Udina as the leader. I haven't gone back and played #1 with different choices yet to see how different #2 gets, but I like the depth that the creators gave Mass Effect 2.

The only thing I had a problem with in #1 was that if you chose a character that  used any sort of powers, you'd have to stop the action and select it, aim it, and then restart the action to use it and it was way too clunky. They sure did fix that in the second one because it played almost like Gears of War with added superpowers. The only problem I have so far with the action and gameplay is that the second highest difficulty was too easy and the hardest difficulty might be too hard because I've had some parts that I had to play about 15 times until I finally won, but that will make it so much better when I finally save the galaxy.

Mass Effect 2 is without a doubt the best single player game I've played on the Xbox 360. What it lacks in depth and replay-ability to an open world game like Oblivion or Grand Theft Auto it more than makes up for with the best story since the Bible. The fact that you should now be able to pick up ME 1 and ME 2 for under $25 total makes it the greatest 2 game set for that kind of cash.

1 comment:

  1. maybe i'll check this title out. i have a 360 but haven't touched it much due to lack of interesting games. thanks for the mini review.

    ReplyDelete