Saturday, January 8, 2011

Video Game Review: The Stock Market

I recently began playing a very old video game, the stock market. While it technically isn't a video game in the strictest sense of the words, it is extremely close because the only interaction I've had with it is through a web page. The numbers are all virtual, the money's all virtual(for now), and it is sort of like guitar hero because it trains you to do a real world skill. Unlike guitar hero, trading in the virtual stock market is the exact same as trading in the real one, minus the gambling. Everything that happens to my virtual portfolio of $5,000 would happen to my real $5,000 portfolio, if I had one.

I reviewed this because I think we're all out to make money and this is one of the ways available to us all. It might not be the most interesting game out there, but it is one of the most valuable, and if I end up making boatloads of money on the market one day I'll thank stock market hero(or luck). So far I've only managed to lose 3% of my starting funds this week.

Since I'm doing pretty bad I might actually try listening to this guy.

12 comments:

  1. I'v never heard the stock market be compared to guitar hero. Now thats epic! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah the only thing is unless you`re crazy, you`re a little more risky when the money isnt yours or real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I'll give it a try and make some cash afterwards if i turn out good lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad you're not making any money, I'm up around 10% in 8 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. need to pick this up some time, catch some training for the real deal and get rich quick :P


    http://kind-of-informational.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stock market is, in a sense, just a game.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing. Not to many people in your position are so gracious. Your article was very poignant and understandable. It helped me to understand very clearly. Thank you for your help.
    share market

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really appreciate your post and you explain each and every point very well.Thanks for sharing this information.And I’ll love to read your next post too.
    Regards:
    Stock Market

    ReplyDelete