Monday, January 24, 2011

Painting Update

The painting is about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way done and so far it doesn't look al that much like the original. But, in line with my normal activities I shall blame everything but myself. The paints cost $3 total, arts education is really lacking in the United States, I only have 1 paintbrush, I only bought 9 colors of paint(2 of them are white and black), the Xbox doesn't have the texture of canvas that I have become accustomed to, and Van Gogh painted it really good just to make it harder for me. This has been my greatest challenge as an artist(pronounced: arr-tee-st) but I feel that I have learned much from the Pawn Stars and, by spending only $3.42 on this project, have left myself much room for profit. When this painting sells at auction, I will make $13 million so my total net profit would be $12,999,996.58 and then I'd look super cool by saying "keep the change".

This is an artists rendering of what it looks like so far, and it will probably take 1 or 2 days once I force myself to start painting that bottom part. I am determined to have pictures of the finished product in the next post.

19 comments:

  1. looks awesome man. ill giv you $4! lol
    supporting and following =]

    http://dooglesdemands.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would imagine it would be very hard to replicate a Van Gogh painting!

    Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure it'll come out nicely or else, just say it's abstract, you know, like a hipster would.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's looking great to me so far. looking forward to the finished piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice. Reminds me of The Scream without the guy screaming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So you provided us an artist's rendering of an artist's rendering? XP

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks horrible. The whole flow of the painting is off. You aren't projecting enough of your energy onto the canvas, or in this case the xbox. I think you need to take a little time for meditation and collect yourself in order to properly finish this painting. That way it will really speak to the people and they can hear your voice through your painting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. don't listen to the guy above me. It looks great sp far.


    http://adf.ly/Moua

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who would pay 13 million dollars for a replica? Unless you're planning on fooling some collectors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. dude that is awesome! following!

    numberrumbler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. hope it turns out sweet, looking good so far.
    following

    http://trippinkets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete