Monday, January 31, 2011

Movie Review: La Moustache (2005)


So with my Xbox broken I somehow arrived at the library yesterday. While perusing through the dvd section, something caught my eye. Was it a movie about the history of the moustache? Was it a movie about a guy with a moustache? Was it a depressing tale of a mans quest for a moustache? Whatever it was I knew it would be awesome so I picked it up.

What it turned out to be was weird. I have watched the movie and read the wikipedia summary, but I still have no idea what the movie was about. My best guess is that it was about a guy who shaves off his moustache, forgets who he is, and has a psychotic break. The movie never really answered the question of whether or not he had a moustache, whether the events happening were real or not, or why the guy was having a mental breakdown. This movie left me with so many questions. Was it all the moustaches fault, was it his wife's fault, was it a horrible movie?

I have no idea what just happened to 84 minutes of my life. This movie was extremely hard to understand and it might just be over my head, but it seemed like it was made by somebody who had just shaved off his moustache and was having a mental breakdown of his own.

All this talk of moustaches has gotten me in the mood for a top 5 Google Image search of the term Best Moustache. If you are counting, I have used the word moustache a total of 10 times.



That last one was a mugshot. What dastardly crime was this man arrested for?







13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. :wtf: is he wearing a black t-shirt...or not?

      Delete
  2. Where does this movie originate from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, number three and four are my favorites

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love number 3, that must've taken years

    ReplyDelete
  5. man i wish i had some badass facial hair sometimes lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a strange movie...

    Also, "I moustache you a question!" is my favorite moustache pun.

    Following you! Follow me back? :D

    http://adalessa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's funny! that reminds me, I need to shave tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never even heard of this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to grow a mustache.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never heard of it but i'll keep my eye out in the video store. No hipster stashes tho i guess!

    http://joesfilmnight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. >Go to library
    >head to DVD section

    ReplyDelete
  12. i kinda just want to watch this movie to be dumbfounded its always good once in a while to try make sense of nothing

    ReplyDelete