Sunday, December 5, 2010

Online Multiplayer

I would like to spend some sentences today to go on about what I feel is one of the best gaming inventions in years, online gaming. The best part is that the games never get old, the scenarios never get repeated, the people always trash talk, and you can get your ass kicked by a 12 year old. Nobody buys most games today for the single player, it's just an add on to the sweet multiplayer game the company wants to release.

I'd be willing to bet that 95% of the time spent playing Call of Duty:Black Ops comes from multiplayer. I don't think out of all the games I've played in the past few years ever wanting to play the single player more than the multiplayer. The single player just gets completed as my way of learning the controls before heading out into the virtual world to challenge the anonymous masses. Even then I still never feel prepared for my first couple experiences and get dominated, usually with hilarious results. You can never have as much fun as you do while trash talking an angry 12 year old as he kicks your ass up and down a map. If there's one thing I know it's that as long as people will play online it'll never get old.

1 comment:

  1. this is true. i cant stand playing single player games. unless its like tetris or something ghetto like that. other than that and if its new it has to be multiplayer.

    ReplyDelete