Saturday, December 11, 2010

Lost Hours

Over the years I have lost hundreds of hours of my life due to forgetting to save games. Just yesterday I lost about 30 minutes forgetting to save while walking across the Fallout 3 map. One of the worst offenders of this is Pokemon, I remember losing dozens of hours when batteries ran out or the on/off switch magically flipped. I don't really have a solution for this problem though since saving all the time would slow down the game and it gets annoying when you have to view loading and autosaving screens over and over. I guess it's just one of those things we have to deal with.

Edit: Looks like gifs work but you have to click them.

4 comments:

  1. i was once fighting ruby weapon in FF7 and finally beat him after about 5,000 KOTRs... then my friend ran in, shut off the console and told me it was time to go to the carnival... i hate him to this day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to get so mad when my Gameboy would run out of batteries. Luckily I usually wouldn't lose too much time though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i completely relate. i like it when games autosave regularly in the background, so it doesn't distract from play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usualy save my games a lot, about every 20-30minutes just to be sure. The day I lost about 3hours of gameplay in my first pokemon game, I started saving every dam 5minutes! Haha

    ReplyDelete