Friday, December 17, 2010

Fallout 3 (beaten)

Finally beat Fallout 3 after hours of just trying to complete the storyline. It didn't end the way I thought it would. I thought that the game wouldn't let me be the bad guy and I don't understand why I can't keep playing with my character after finishing that last quest. I'll probably create a new character and try to make some different decisions to see how that affects the game. I also want to explore more of the map as I left at least half of it unexplored when I finished.

The game took a decent amount of time to complete just doing the main quest and I'm sure there's not many people out there that just do the main quest and quit a game like Fallout 3. There are at least 5 playthroughs of a game like this. You play through it the first time just doing whatever choices you think are best or the most fun at that moment and don't really care about the consequences of nuking a town or blowing up a super computer government robot. Then the next few playthroughs allow you to create focued character that are more for pure enjoyment of a single aspect of the game. For example I think my next character for Fallout 3 will be strictly a melee fighter. Then you try to create a character that is godlike and can never be killed or a weird looking character that is awful just so you test to see what having full speech and barter stats gets you(nothing). Overall I think Fallout 3 is an awesome buy for the money now that New Vegas has been out for awhile and the used price has come down some. Now I just have to start playing the Assasins Creed II and Mass Effect 2 that are waiting.

One of my favorite parts of Fallout 3

10 comments:

  1. set off a nuke
    just to watch it explode

    congrats man. have fun on future playthroughs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started playing Fallout but never really got into it yet it seems to be quite long to get done with the game so I guess it's a nice buy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ended up doing the same thing, except afterwards i felt guilty, so i think I killed the old guy.... I usually really have screwed up characters as far as morality goes haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't worry smatchimo, I killed everyone I could in the game

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fallout 3 is still something I need to play.
    I'm late to the party i guess

    ReplyDelete
  6. this games controls are tedious; I returned it in one day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dang it, still haven't played this game!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heard it's a good game just really repetitive...

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love games
    http://robotmasters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. if you buy the DLC brotherhood of steel you can continue with your character

    ReplyDelete